In compliance with the New York State PAUSE executive order, no gatherings are currently being held in our building. Once the order has been lifted, we will be able to discuss availability.
Our Pastors may be currently available for “Zoom Weddings.” Please leave a voice mail at the church if you wish to inquire
Henrietta United Church of Christ is pleased to offer its facilities to couples for weddings that are designed according to their own beliefs and preferences. As an open and affirming congregation, we take delight in celebrating weddings for loving couples of all genders, gender identities, and sexual orientations.
- The sanctuary is simply adorned and seats 225.
- Additional chairs are available and two pews near the front have been shortened to accommodate wheelchairs. Our facility is completely handicapped accessible.
- A pair of candelabras are available requiring fourteen colonial style candles. (Candles not provided)
- It is expected that the HUCC pastor will be your officiant in this space. Our pastor has the first right of refusal for any wedding held in our sanctuary. If you wish to bring in someone else to officiate, permission will need to be granted and you’ll be expected to pay the HUCC pastor a fee whether you use them or not.
- An organ and an electronic piano are available to be played by the church organist.
- The HUCC organist has a first right of refusal. It is assumed you’ll use the church organist if you are going to use the instruments in the church. If you don’t wish to, you need to ask permission and you will be expected to pay the HUCC organist whether you use him or bring in someone else.
- A CD player can be played through our sound system.
- A hearing loop with receivers is available for the hearing impaired.
- An aisle runner should be 50’ in length. (Runner not provided)
- Our Fellowship Hall is 46’ x 38’ and is adjoined by a kitchen.
- There is a seating capacity of 96 persons, with tables and chairs available. Neither alcoholic beverages nor smoking is permitted in or near the building.
- The Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall can be set up according to the needs of the couple, after consultation with one of the wedding coordinators.
- A commercial kitchen is available as a staging area for your caterer.
- Debbie Feasel and Lisa Nevol, our wedding coordinators, will ensure that your day goes according to your plans.
- In addition to showing you the facilities, and answering questions throughout your planning process, they will be present at your rehearsal and ceremony to direct the event, receive deliveries, oversee guests and attendants, and act as your hostess.
- They will keep your wedding running smoothly and on schedule. They are delighted to share in your day and want to help make it very special for you.
Please organize your own flower arrangements and decorations, and kindly designate a member of your party to oversee their removal that day.
A library with mirrors is available where one party, typically the bride’s, can gather. A curtained classroom is also available for the second party.
- A large and bright narthex is available for wedding guests and a receiving line.
Note on use of the Organ
- The HUCC organist has first right of refusal for all weddings. This means there is an expectation that you’ll use him rather than bringing someone else in. If you wish to bring in another organist, you must request permission to do so. If the organist agrees to allow a guest , you will still be expected to pay a fee to our organist.
We are currently revising our fee structure. Check back for more information
For inquiries and questions, wedding coordinators can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule a tour of the church, please contact the church office at 585.334.0030 or email@example.com.